09 June 2008

Fun Facts about Returning to Wheaton

In college, everything was "fun." I daily found myself exclaiming with friends that their good news was, "fun for you!" There were "fun facts about Nancy," "fun facts about Ukraine," "fun facts about Fischer 5W," and fun facts about every other thing that was...fun. Since I just spent 4 days back on campus, I thought of some

"Fun Facts about Returning to Wheaton - 10 years later."
1. Late night talks with my roommates - this still happened!
2. Getting to ride in the new elevators at Fischer dorm.
3. Knowing where the not-so-crowded bathrooms are.
4. The buildings still smelled the same!!
5. Watching current students eyes glaze over - just as mine used to do when an excited alum described how great it was to be back and what it was like when they were a student.
6. Everyone around campus says "hi" to everyone else on campus.
7. The phones in Fischer dorm are the exact same model from 14 years ago.
8. I gravitated to the same places in SAGA, the cafeteria, for every meal.
9. I remembered to take multiple glasses of drink on my first pass through the food line.
10. The chimes still ring!
11. I wasn't worried about being raided by the brother floor when I went to bed at night.
12. Blanchard lawn is still the perfect lawn to nap on.
13. I felt completely safe walking across campus late at night.
14. God is there. I found myself once again talking outloud to Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This list was fun to read! Was the fountain turned on?

Love you, Lisa

Anonymous said...

No way! They have ELEVATORS in Fischer? That's not fair. All future students should continue to have to trudge up five flights of stairs to get to 5W!

Glad you had such a fun time back on campus. I can just see you snoozing on the lawn like in the old days....Can't wait to see you there for homecoming in a few months!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny, I don't even remember walking up 5 flights of stairs!!!! and now here I am, 10 years later in a 5th floor walk-up apartment!!!
so fun to read your blog, Angie!
love,
Michelle (lehmer) Chiafulio