12 March 2009

I think he's ready!

Within the first month of seeing two lines on the pregnancy test stick almost four years ago, I had purchased crib bedding, nine months worth of maternity clothes, and researched the perfect stroller, car seat, and even baby monitor.

Within the first month of seeing two lines on the pregnancy test stick last summer, I again became conscious of my diet, cherished free moments when I could squeeze in a nap, and thought about how Baby's arrival would affect Asher.

For many reasons, this pregnancy has been night and day different from that first time around. I am so excited to meet this little wiggly person, but this time most of my preparations have focused on getting Asher ready to meet Baby.

We had a lot to work on. After many prayers and mommy/daddy to son heart to heart conversations, I now believe that the addition of another child will not result in eternal resentment from our oldest son.

Within the past three months we've been able to transition from calling the nursery Asher's "other one room" to "Baby's room."

Although he still roars like a dinosaur and flaps his pterodactyl wings around babies who are sitting on his level, he no longer declares that he will "throw that baby away."

When we walk by the church nursery, he now will acknowledge that area as the room for babies rather than shouting that there are too many babies here.

And most entertaining of all, crazy rock star Asher now looks at babies as a captive audience who will watch as he performs on his guitar.

So with one week to go, I think our little boy is ready to become a big brother!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You are all in my prayers!