18 June 2009

A boy, not a Person

When is a person not a person?

When he is a boy, of course!

Yesterday Asher and I were having an in depth discussion about whether or not I am a person. I informed him yes, mommy is a person. Then we were trying to figure out if Daddy is also a person. The conclusion to that question is that no, daddy is a boy and boys are not persons.

I guess in a way he's right. Daddy, a boy, is much more fun than just a regular person.

A boy sits in a tree for an hour pretending to be a bird with his baby bird son. A person stays in the house.
A boy sleeps on an air mattress on the front porch answering non-stop questions from his hammock swinging son during a boy's night camp out. A person gets a good night's rest in her comfy bed.
A boy excavates dinosaurs on the dining room table. A person worries about the mess all that excavating will create.
Although he might not understand them, a boy can handle the emotions that cause girls to scream and fuss. A person simply puts the girl to bed.
As Father's Day approaches, Asher, Amelie, (and me) want to thank Walter for being a boy and not a person!

We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I'm so proud of the "boy" my bro is. :0)

And Angie, you make 'personhood' look pretty good!

~ Laura O