03 March 2012

Six

Now he is six.

Asher the Rockstar who became Asher the Knight who became Asher the Sheriff who became Asher the Kindergartner who loves all things Lego especially Ninjago.

When I first looked into his brilliant blue eyes, there was no way I could have anticipated the battles we would have. Battles that span from eating food to wearing jeans and challenging him to simply show a little emotion.


But there was also no way I could have anticipated the thoughtful sweetness, cut and dry rule following, or creative artistic expressions.


His dealings with the things life throws his way challenge me to find a good response. There have been times I've never wanted to hurt someone more than when they have hurt my boy. But more often, I've never wanted more to set a good example of trusting God and treating people kindly.

He brings out my worst moments of impatience and angry outbursts, but I hope I've also practiced forgiveness and selfless love more than before.

Never dull and always an adventure I'm so thankful for Asher, my six year old boy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Angie, this is Bekah Easling! I can't believe that young man in the picture is the same little boy I had the joy of babysitting from his infancy. He has grown so much! So has Amelie, and I haven't even met Asa yet! It has been so neat to see your family grow over the last few years. I'm so excited to begin my family as well. I can't wait to meet my child and raise him/her up for the Lord. I just started my own blog, Parchment Ponderings...feel free to read my posts and leave your feedback! Blessings! :)