10 September 2007

Wallflowers

I had a flashforward and a flashback this morning with Asher at Kindermusik. It was our first time in this music class and for one of the activities, the teacher allowed the students to have "Freedance." This meant they could move in any way they chose while music played.

The other six or seven kids in the class were having fun swaying, jumping, running, hopping, skipping... and my son was leaning against the wall for the two minute duration of the song sucking on his finger and watching the action. Walter and I predicted this would probably happen, but as he clung to the wall, I imagined him in junior high at his first dance in a very similar position keeping the wall from falling.

Being a good mom, I thought of how I would react to a this type of situation and then had this flashback to my first junior high dances when I spent the evening holding up the wall. I have confirmed with my husband that he too was a wallflower.

Like parents like son!

No comments: