19 November 2007

I am Thankful for....

This year, I think I need two lists of things that I am thankful for. One list is of things that are easy to be thankful for. They are the automatic ones that I think of when I count my blessings. The other list is of things that I truly am thankful for, but they are bittersweet. This list comes out of the hard times and I can only be thankful for them after contemplating God's ultimate work in my life. So here they are:

These things are easy to be thankful for:

1. God's Grace and Amazing Love

2. My wonderful Husband who encourages me not to give in to the easy way.

3. My sweet little boy, Asher, who has a smile and laugh that reminds me I am blessed.

4. Our families and friends who love and support us.

5. The "coincidences" of life that have allowed me to work part-time and still experience the joys and camaraderie of being a mom.


These are those hard things that I am still thankful for:

1. Heaven has become a sweeter place to me this year and I look more forward to being there.

2. We have good friends who personally understand the same hard times.

3. My parents are missionaries and live in Ethiopia (and don't come home during the Holidays.)

4. My husband has a lot of perseverance to study long days and nights.

5. God makes something beautiful out of pain. ("Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1: 2-4)


No comments: