05 November 2007

Top 10 More Fun Sins

"I am not tempted to worry. If I'm going to sin, I will pick a more fun sin than worry."

Inspired by this thought, this is my list of:

Top 10 Sins that are More Fun than Worrying

1. Eating a gallon of Oreo ice-cream in one evening.
2. Criticizing my boss to my coworkers.
3. Lounging in bed all day long for a few days.
4. Passing on the latest piece of "news" I heard about a friend.
5. Watching enticing tv shows that may leave destructive images in my mind.
6. Telling my friends my husbands faults (that is if he had any!!! :)).
7. Assuming verses in the Bible about giving and serving don't apply to me.
8. Taking a 2 hour lunch because my boss isn't around anyway.
9. Neglecting to pray for needs I've committed to praying for so I that I can watch Oprah.
10. Taking credit for any praise I receive rather than giving the glory to God.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt 6:34)

No comments: