07 January 2008

Cleaning Day!

I realize I may get some wise advice to keep my son away from the dangerous chemicals in cleaning supplies after I post these pictures, but some of you moms may understand why I allow him near these bottles after hearing about Asher's infatuation with cleaning.

Cleaning day is probably Asher's favorite day. I won't reveal how often I actually have a cleaning day, but when it does happen, nothing could make my little boy happier. He wakes up in the morning and can peer into the bathroom from his crib. If he sees the bucket of cleaning supplies on the floor, he gets a huge grin and exclaims "clean!"

I don't know if he likes it because he gets to carry bottles and a rag around making little "squirt squirt" noises, or if he enjoys lugging the big bucket full of supplies around, or if he really thinks our house needs to be cleaned, but whatever it is he loves it.
Periodically throughout the week, Asher will ask me to clean and I really disappoint him when I say that I am not going to clean that today. When we are out and about and he sees a bottle of cleaning product, he again breaks into a big smile and exclaims "clean!" If I happen to be buying cleaning supplies at the store, that is almost equally exciting as actually cleaning. As we turn down the aisle at the store with shelves of cleaning products he again shouts, "clean clean!" The checkout lady at Target thought I was crazy because I was letting Asher hold onto the bottle of toilet bowl cleaner and he caused a small scene when I put it on the belt to pay for it.


What could be better - other than possibly vacuuming?

Please excuse his hair in the pictures, he could hardly wait to get started cleaning that we didn't get a chance to get his hair tamed down.


2 comments:

Vicky S. said...

What a great idea to get the kids excited about cleaning at an early age :) I'm embarrassed to say that I've never even said the word "clean" in front of our little boy. Big "uh oh", since that probably means I don't clean enough!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean!!

I know you enjoy the help. Has to make the chore of cleaning a little more fun! Happy New Year!

Jamie