27 February 2008

We Escaped and We're Back

We just got back from Florida where we truly had a (much needed) winter escape. For the first day, I laid in the bright sun and soaked in God's warmth. It was exactly what I needed.

Its nearly impossible to get a good family picture, where Asher is looking at the camera, but here is an attempt.

The beaches we were at had a crazy number of shark's teeth. We now have a little collection with every size and sharpness. Walter really liked looking for them and could have done that for days on end.
I was happy because I read a whole book and it was such a good one. I read lots of sections of it outloud to Walter and underlined most of the rest of it. We don't have any pictures of me reading, but at least the book (in orange) is in this picture!
Last year when we went to the beach, Asher picked every grain of sand off of his legs. This year, he at least would walk in it although he often wanted to be carried. He did like playing in the sand, with the shells, when daddy held him in the waves, and when we swam in a calm area with no waves. One of his favorite things though was getting to have peanut butter and jelly for lunch every day!

Ahh...the simple things in life; sharks teeth, a good book, and peanut butter and jelly. May we continue to celebrate life even through blessings and cursings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! What fun pictures. We have SNOW here today, so I'm jealous of your sunny vacation!

Love you,
Lisa

Vicky S. said...

You guys look great! Oh, I would love to soak up some sun right now. I felt relaxed just looking at your beach pictures. I'm so jealous!!!

Jessica said...

Oh wow! I am so jelous! Your little family is precious! So glad that you could have the time to relax and soak up the sun and a good book! One of lifes best combinations!