03 March 2008

Our Little Boy is Two

Happy 2nd Birthday Asher!!

Two isn't exactly the age when children leave the house and start spreading their wings, but somehow, Asher seems older to me now that he turned two. He strings words together now, he wakes up and gets out of bed on his own in the morning, and today he even reprimanded me when I sloshed some coffee out of my mug by telling me that I needed to use "two hands!" (Hmm...maybe he's heard that somewhere before!)

This weekend, Walter's parents came in for the celebration and Aunt Becky and Uncle Sam drove over for the evening. We had so much fun together and even our shy little boy enjoyed all of the attention.
Asher requested an Elmo cake this year which is what I made. When we talked about his birthday in the days leading up to this weekend, he would always say, "mommy make Elmo cake." So mommy made an Elmo cake.
Much to everyone's dismay, but to mommy's delight, Asher was very organized as he opened his presents. We had made Asher's cleaning obsession public knowledge previously but until Saturday, no one knew that the obsession extends to organization. After he opened each present, Asher would go put it away where it belonged. Here he is putting away the Elmo movies he just opened.

In the Ifft Family growing up, we loved the Bernstein Bears. I think my sister had every one of those books and bought the new ones as they come out (just like with the Babysitters Club). One of our favorites was Bernstein Bears and Too Much Birthday. I think Asher and Grams illustrate that title exactly!

4 comments:

Becky Ifft said...

I too wrote in my journal this weekend about Asher's obsession with cleaning and "cleaning supplies". Only a Mom (and Dad!) would know that a dust pan, squirt Windex bottle, and broom would make her son light up with joy! Did he end up going to sleep with those things tucked under his arm??

Becky Ifft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

How precious! I am impressed by his organization skills! he is very sweet! Good job on the cake too!

Vicky S. said...

What an awesome cake! You're gonna have to help me make one for Ethan in a couple of weeks--he LOVES Elmo! I also love to see how Asher is "clean and organized". What more can you ask for in a little boy? Hopefully it'll stay with him in his teen and college years, ha ha ha! Happy Birthday, Asher!!