16 March 2008

He Chose Mommy!

We (I) have had an incredibly busy week. I was gone several nights (and even a day) in a row leaving Walter and Asher home alone together. Asher loves his daddy and they did a lot of fun things together. But Asher kept my heart missing him yesterday while I was gone. He said exactly what I needed to hear during a conversation over Cheerios.

Its always fun to talk over the events of the day with him. There's usually something going on that's really exciting. Yesterday, there happened to be lots of exciting things lined up for Asher's day. We told him that throughout the day he was going to get to play with his friend Grant, go on an Easter Egg hunt, see his Aunt Becky, and go to a hockey game! We are starting to ask what his favorite things are just because his opinions are so important to us. So we asked which of those was his favorite thing. And guess what he said?
Out of all of those fun things, he said..."MOMMY!"

I'm still his favorite! :)

3 comments:

Danae said...

Too cute....

Anonymous said...

Of course you're his favorite! What could be better than mommy?

Love, Beth

megs @ whadusay said...

cute story - one of my favorite perks of being a mom!