09 February 2009

It's a Baby Day!

My friend had a baby today.

I've celebrated when many of my friends and family members have added babies to their families, but today is a special celebration that deserves nothing but pure joy.

This little baby represents redemption. There is good in this world and God does not abandon us even when it seems He has.

Over the past couple of years I've shared with my dear friend Rita as she walked through so much pain coming to terms with a miscarriage and then letting go of sweet Henry who never breathed a breath on this earth. And then through the past nine months, we've continued to share our amazement and unbelief that good will really come to life even as we can no longer drink caffeine at our coffee escapes and our bellies grow.

Until today it didn't seem real that she would ever finally have a baby in her arms. But I've seen his picture. He is perfect and beautiful and breathing. I will go to visit him tomorrow and don't know if I'll be able to hold back tears, especially as I wonder if it actually will be real that I will soon hold another baby in my arms.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Well, I cried just reading this. I am rejoicing with Rita and Mark and the little guy! I cant imagine the feelings they must be experiencing right now.

Holly said...

I'm rejoicing with you, too! Babies are the best gift!

Anonymous said...

I don't know Rita, but I've prayed for her! Rejoicing with you, and waiting to celebrate Baby Reedy in just a month!

Love, Lisa

Becky Ifft said...

Praise God!!