15 July 2010

Dreams do come true

80% of the U.S. population dreams of writing a book, according to a study by the Jenkins Group.

Anyone who has seriously pursued this dream knows the process of acquiring an agent, finding a publisher, and of course writing that manuscript is brutal.

But my dad did it!!

In May we finally held his memoir, "I'm just an Illinois Farm Boy" in our hands for the first time. How fun to hold a book with his words and bio on the back. Our local Borders and Barnes and Noble have agreed to carry the book in their local authors section and I very proudly went to check it out with Asher declaring in a loud voice, "Oh! There's Grandpa's book, right on that shelf!"

In his book, my dad describes his journey from growing up on a farm in Central IL to being a missionary in Ethiopia. His main point is to make the reader realize if someone as unlikely as he could follow God's call to the other side of the world, anyone can.

So I can't help but be incredibly proud of my dad and let my blog friends know that the book is now available on Amazon.

No comments: