18 March 2011

Two

Tomorrow Amelie turns two!
She is not a baby. Too big to be a toddler. A preschooler? Definitely not yet. I don't know what label to put on her, but I can tell you who my two year old is. She is
A cuddler who can quickly detect female arms willing to hold a little girl.
A "hide/seek" player who decides anything not easily spotted is playing hide and seek with her.
Attracted to all things pink and one who talks endlessly of her anticipated pink puppy cake.

Edging me off the chair at this very moment because she just needs to sit so close.
A risk taker who never hesitates to follow whatever Asher does.
An accesorizer who has more sense of when to wear a scarf, carry a bag, or wear pretty pink shoes than her mommy does. She even succeeds at getting daddy to wear a scarf whenever she suggests.
Two is a big year. She will do so many new things this year. I'm excited for Amelie to

go to school one day a week
become potty trained (can this magically happen somehow?)
become a big sister
let go of that pacifier
expand her vocabulary

These days I look at this girl I love thinking about how her world will soon be rocked upside down with the arrival of a new baby. It makes me sad to think my sweet one who just wants to be held will have to be more grown up and independent. She has been my clear answer to prayers and a constant reminder of Hope.

There might not be much room on my lap anymore, but my arms will always be ready for my precious two year old, Amelie.

No comments: