02 April 2008

Things I never thought I'd say #2

Moving on, now to one of the things I've said to Asher recently that makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong in our home that made my son choose vacuums over toys.

Not too long ago, I was at Target with Asher looking for some things that he might like for his birthday (isn’t it great when you can shop for presents while your child is with you!?). I was letting him hold and play with various toys and he was having a great time until his eagle eyes looked way down and across the aisle and saw the vacuum cleaners! In a very loud voice, he shouted, "AUUMS, AUUMS" (translated to be VACUUMS, VACUUMS and meaning we needed to go look at them immediately because they are so cool).

I then heard myself say “We will go look at the vacuums, but first we need to finish looking at the toys.”

As the words came out of my mouth, I found myself hoping that there wasn’t anyone I knew lurking in the next aisle!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Too funny! I love it!
Just so you know, I read your blog about every other day...I am bad about posting a comment!
Asher is one cute little boy!

Becky Ifft said...

I never thought that one activity I would do with my nephew was to go to Target for the one pure purpose of going down the cleaning supply aisle as a "fun activity to do" together.

The cleaning supplies I bought that night are still in my trunk...but, shhhh....don't tell Asher!!!