07 April 2008

Things I never thought I'd say #3

An Ifft family tradition which I've implemented into our little family is to hide the Easter baskets after they've been stocked with Peeps, chocolate bunnies, and jelly beans. As we got older the hiding places became more difficult. I'm not really sure where the tradition started...maybe its like hiding Easter eggs, which we never did while growing up.

So on Easter morning I explained to Asher that he needed to look for his Elmo basket because it had candy and other treats in it. He seemed all excited until he spotted the cleaning supply bottle and a little rag which he had reluctantly left at the bottom of the stairs the night before.

He gravitated to the little bottle and immediately began to "squirt squirt" while wiping with the rag. Because Asher was otherwise occupied, I convinced Walter to look for his basket (although he did not have the same temptation to clean first). So here is a picture of the scene where Walter had found his basket in the closet and Asher continued to clean.
I finally had to say another thing I never thought I would need to say;
"Asher, look for your Easter basket then you can finish cleaning."

5 comments:

Becky Ifft said...

I was waiting for #3!

Jessica said...

You cant be serious???? : )

megs @ whadusay said...

That cracks me up! What a kid!!!

Anonymous said...

Next year you could fill his easter eggs with cleaning supplies - little child-size rags or sponges, travel size dish soap, etc. He'd go crazy for it and you don't have to worry about his teeth falling out!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Angie! Cute blog!! Love how Asher is so concerned about cleanliness... he will make a wonderful husband someday, and you'll never have to worry about cleaning his room! :)