13 December 2010

The funny moments

Are you still stressing out like I am?

The peace, that secret I told you about last week is hard to keep. I attempted most of yesterday afternoon to answer just one more question in my Bible study lesson determined not to give up the one thing I know will keep me focused.

But the oven timer beeped, kids woke up from naps, my unfinished knitting projects that need to be done tomorrow sat close to my chair.

The phantom lists still to make and images I have of what I want these next couple of weeks to be and feel like flutter around and add to the clutter of empty Christmas decoration boxes that still need to be put back away.

But yet I took an impromptu roadtrip Saturday night with my brother and even on Monday morning, I'm not regretting that unplanned night which jumped into my carefully planned December.

The night represents exactly what I meant in the Funny Moments article I wrote for yesterday's newspaper column.

Slipping and sliding down I-74 with Sam. Spontaneous Steak 'n Shake with both siblings.

One of those unexpected memories I will keep long after the one of unfinished Oreo Truffles fades away.

No comments: