11 March 2010

Flamingos

Maybe Asher inherited his love of birds from Grams. Grams loves flamingos. The pink feathered friends have become her signature item and my kids know the books she has given them by the flamingo stamp on the inside cover.

Grams also loves her family. When she comes to visit Asher knows he can convince Grams to play anything he wants. She has been known to chase him around the house with a large Elmo doll, convince mommy to allow a huge yellow dump truck to be brought into the house, and read stacks of books higher than Asher all in one sitting.

So when we searched for the perfect birthday gift for her, we combined her two loves: flamingos and grandkids into a plate by making handprint flamingos.

While our plate spent a weekend baking in a kiln, my excitement over our creation led me to think about it way more than I imagined I should think about a ceramic plate. God reminded me that He thinks of me, His creation, even more often than I thought about that plate.

I wrote a devotion about this experience and you can read it today on Christiandevotions.us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Flamingo plate is one of the best gifts I have ever received...if not the best. It hangs proudly in my kitchen, and I still make visitors go see "the" plate so they can swoon over how cute it is ...And admire how creative my family is. I feel loved every time I see it.