08 March 2010

Scenes of a roadtrip

Ahhh....we walked into our home last night and sighed. We survived the 20 hour one-way car ride home from chilly Florida.

Part of the story I want to write this year includes making choices for memories we won't soon forget. One of those choices (influenced by airplane ticket and car rental prices) included spending 52 hours in the car with my family over the course of 10 days.

After I finish reading a book, I know its good if memorable scenes stand out to me days after I've finished reading. I am still smiling and sighing over many scenes from our hours in the Jeep. There were many stand out moments that I won't soon forget, but here are some of the highlights:

- Sleepy-eyed party girl Amelie fighting sleep with all her might so she can continue to watch every move of her brother's for two 10 hour days of traveling.

- Asher realizing his sister might actually be a fun source of entertainment and "Fishing for Babies" with his daddy.

- Walter talking into the pink tube turned phone about knight adventures.

- Assuring Asher that the man in the car next to us was not obligated to share his breakfast sandwich with mommy.

- Everyone being content with viewing Dino World through rainy windows in the parking lot.

- Exploring office parks and wooded backlots of Georgia to find geocaches.

- Mommy refusing to give up the wheel because driving is easier than entertaining.

- Daddy proving the love he has for his kids by enjoying the screaming baby and hyper Asher backseat.

Did we write a good story? If memorable equals good, then the answer is YES!

1 comment:

jessica leman said...

the second to last one is my very favorite ;) sounds like wonderful memories were made!