12 February 2010

Magic Leaf


Two leaves directed Asher and Walter up and down the street last weekend.
They weren't just any leaves, but Magic leaves.

Leaves that told Asher which way to turn, whether they should go a little further down the street or if they should turn around and come back home. Through the snow and ice the leaves kept my boys outside far longer than I expected and even created worry when I couldn't see them playing in the backyard anymore.

That's because the Magic leaves instructed they should go for a walk. Every few steps, Asher would stop and ask the leaves if they were there yet. They weren't so on they went until they reached their destination.

Through the rest of the day, Asher consulted the leaves for guidance about what to play and what to eat. He even fell asleep tightly holding on to one of the stem's leaves.

I don't have a Magic leaf that I can hold, but I do have Someone available to direct my decisions and I want to more regularly consult Him.

The Holy Spirit.

I can't explain how I hear Him. I don't know how to describe when I feel His prompting of some action I should take, but I know after I've done what He has directed, there is no doubt in my mind that He led me.

He is available for consultation.

He wants to direct my steps and He does provide wisdom when I ask.

He's not a Magic leaf, but I absolutely believe He is real.

No comments: