05 February 2010

sunbeam

In the middle of our preschool activities, we saw her spread across the floor.

I didn't immediately recognize her because she had not visited for a long time.

First we noticed her in the living room and then we saw she had spread all the way into the hall.

I wanted to lay in her and soak up all of her goodness hoping she could pull me out of the Midwestern blahs that set in every February.

Asher even noticed and walked along her path.

Sure, she illuminated all the dustbunnies I had missed even during these days of house showings but I didn't mind.

Her brightness brought cheer into our home and gave me hope that darkness will not always flood our days.

The sunbeam that shone through our window last week was a welcome visitor.

Its funny how just her one skinny line pressed the pause button on our busy morning and we awed over her presence. When she appears in July I take her for granted and even shield myself from her at times. But on these drab winter days I crave more time with her.

She is such a good reminder of the refreshment of God's light in my life. As time with Him all too often gets left out of hectic days, I'm quick to forget how much spending time reading His word brings refreshment and floods my spirit with peace of His ultimate goodness.

And so I thank Miss Sunbeam for visiting our house last week to refresh my spirit physically and remind me of how to refresh my spirit spiritually.

No comments: