04 June 2010

Check, check, and check.

I made it through the obstacle course of boxes and drawers to come downstairs this morning for one last quiet time on the porch. By the end of the day, many of these boxes will be gone and furniture will have a new home across town. And I'm so thankful I completed everything on my one last time list.

Wednesday we tricycled, walked, and strolled to our favorite ice cream store.

Thursday we again traveled via our preferred modes of transportation to the best neighborhood park in town - even picking up a little neighbor friend along the way.

And later last night, Walter and I sat together on the front porch watching 30 Rock. The porch sold me on this house and nothing about it has lost its charm over the past 7 years. It never let me down as the perfect place for a swing in the hammock, countless morning quiet times, and evenings with a book or catching up with Walter. While I sat this morning, I willed each of my senses to memorize every part of it and I hope they won't let me down.

We checked everything off the "one last time list." I guess that makes me ready for the "first time list" we will be starting in that new house I hope will soon feel like home.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm not sure if you have heard about Susan Miller and her books about moving. She has one called After the Boxes Are Unpacked that is very good. She also has one called Mom, I Don't Want to Move. Both books are great reads. They have advice on how to make the move an easier transition whether it is across town or across country, a good move or a bad one. We've moved a lot in the past few years, and I've found the books to be helpful. Just thought I'd tell you about it in case you are interested!