17 June 2010

No more excuses

Who was that out of shape lady shuffling down the sidewalk this morning with a kitchen timer clipped to her shorts and shoes that are six years old on her feet?

Um...that's the out of shape Angie - the one that gave the former marathon running Angie chills to imagine.

But I did it. Now that I feel safer running alone in the mornings in our new neighborhood, I have no more excuses.

No nursing baby.
No scary characters watching.
No cracked and uneven sidewalks to trip over.

Just a beautiful morning, bright sunshine, and a sleeping family.

I love it!

Maybe I can reclaim some of the runner in me before she completely disappears. Until I know she still exists, I'll stick with my old shoes and kitchen timer so serious runners - please avert your eyes...

2 comments:

Jill said...

Good for you Angie! I have been wanting to run too. I wish we lived closer. It would be nice to have a partner! Although, I have never been a marathon runner so I am sure I would be slowing you down.

Good luck!

Real Reedy said...

Oh no. I am so slow and still hurting today. It's ridiculous!