10 June 2010

A new view

I have a new view!

While sitting here at my computer desk, I can look out our bay windows to see birds pecking under large trees! Just a week ago, I blogged while looking out windows onto the porch I will forever love but I'm realizing this new view is good too.

Yesterday we handed over the keys to our White Place home and drove by the house one more time after the closing. The new owners talked of carpet and new paint and I closed my ears. Sure some of the carpet could be replaced, but the floors and walls of that house have so much of our sweat and tears poured into them that a lump fills my throat when I think of anything being changed.

I'm imagining the new couple cooking in our kitchen, hanging out in the living room, and relaxing on our porch and I have to realize that's not home anymore.

This box filled disarrayed home is now ours and I'm beginning to become attached. In some ways I feel like I've entered the modern world. Maybe like a country wife moving into the city and getting adjusting to all the conveniences the rest of the world has known for years.

Like a garage that goes up and down (Asher can attest to how great this is!).

And a closet that I can see my clothes in.

Of course there's the laundry area right off my kitchen not to mention my new musical washer and dryer that I've used every day since moving in! (Yes they are so sweet they sing to me when they are done!)

I miss the 100 year old house and all of those charms that won me over forever, but I think I will learn to love this new view too.

No comments: