29 April 2010

I need a Mom!

With swords, armor, torches, and weapon accessories scattered all over his room, it's no wonder Asher couldn't find the helmet and dagger he needed! Before you think I'm a terrible parent for allowing my child to build an armory in his room, I better say these knight pieces are parts of Asher's various Playmobil obsessions.

I sat quietly in the living room while I heard him look for me in the kitchen, and then the screened porch. When he didn't see me in either of those places, he muttered, "I need a mom!" Wanting to be that mom who could solve any problem, I called out that I was in fact just around the corner in the living room and he rushed in describing the case of the missing dagger and helmet.

Because he has been as careful as only a 4 year old in keeping track of all the tiny pieces that go with his castle, I couldn't resist the opportunity to remind him of the repeated words he knew about the imminent reality that some of those pieces would get lost.

But I was happy to be the mom he needed!

Who doesn't need a mom sometimes?

I need a mom right about now and I'm excited that she will be coming home a week from today!!

No comments: